Spaghetti Carbonera with Broccoli
Yield: 3-4 servings
Active time: 20 minutes
Start to finish: 20 minutes
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, halved
1/4 pound bacon, medium dice
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, rough chopped
1/2 pound dried spaghetti
2 cups broccoli florets
Black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; keep handy off to the side.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat and add olive oil and garlic. Toast the garlic until it becomes golden brown, then remove and discard.
- Add bacon to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until crisp.
- Pour in wine and reduce until the pan is dry. Remove from the heat.
- Drop noodles into the boiling water. While the pasta cooks, mix together the eggs, cheese, black pepper and parsley in a large mixing bowl.
- Just before the pasta is ‘al dente’ add the broccoli to the boiling water and cook for two minutes.
- Drain pasta and broccoli; immediately add it to the bowl with the egg-cheese mixture. Toss until thoroughly coated.
- Reheat the bacon and, once it’s hot, pour the contents over the pasta and mix well. Serve immediately.
Pages 1 2