Samuel Adams Alpine Spring Donut Ice Cream Sliders
Yields 5 large or 24 small servings
Samuel Adams Alpine Spring Donut
2 oz. butter
3 oz. Samuel Adams Alpine Spring
¼ cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
Strawberry jam (for serving – see assembly below)
1. Melt butter and let cool a little (not hot).
2. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, melted butter, and Samuel Adams Alpine Spring until well blended.
4. Pour the liquid mixture into flour mixture, stir until just incorporated. NOTE: Do not over mix or dough will be tough.
5. Set fryer temperature (or vegetable oil in a deep frying pan) to 375°F. Using an ice cream scoop, form donuts about a size of a golf ball. Fry until golden, about 2 minutes. Roll in cinnamon sugar, slice in half.
Samuel Adams Alpine Spring Orange Caramel Sauce
2 cups sugar
½ cup water
½ cup heavy cream
¾ cup Samuel Adams Alpine Spring
1 teaspoon orange blossom water (found in specialty markets)
1. Combine sugar and water in a small high-sided saucepan. Without stirring, cook the mixture until dark amber in color.
2. Reduce heat to low, carefully adding heavy cream into caramel (it may splash and form bubbles). Stir to combine.
3. Remove pan from heat, add salt and Samuel Adams Alpine Spring
Samuel Adams Hops-Infused Ice Cream
1 cup Tettnang Tettnanger hop flowers (can substitute U.S. Tettnang hops)
4 cups milk
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups sugar
10 large egg yolks
1. In a saucepan, bring milk to heat. When it simmers, add hops, steep about 15 minutes. Strain milk, squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
2. Put milk, half of sugar (1 cup) back to sauce pan. Bring to heat, just about to boil.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the rest of sugar (1 cup) and egg yolks until they lighten in color. Pour milk mixture into eggs by adding small amounts gradually, until about 1/3 of milk mixture has been added.
4. Pour the egg mixture back to the saucepan, over low heat. Cook, stir frequently, until mixture thickens slightly to coat the back of a spoon or rubber spatula. Remove from heat, add heavy cream. Mix well.
5. Strain the mixture and put in a container, let cool before placing it into refrigerator (to avoid condensation on the lid). Cover and store in refrigerator for 4 – 8 hours, or overnight.
6. Pour chilled ice cream mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer’s directions.
1. Place half a Samuel Adams Donut on a dish (base). Spread a layer of strawberry jam onto the open side of the donut.
2. Place a scoop of Samuel Adams Hops-Infused Ice Cream on top.
3. Using a small squeeze bottle, drizzle a layer of Samuel Adams Alpine Spring Orange Caramel Sauce and top with the other half of the Samuel Adams Donut.
4. Enjoy your Samuel Adams Alpine Spring Donut Ice Cream Slider!